Providing bass right down to 50 Hz, it can be used as a centre, main, side or rear speaker in a multi-channel music or movie system. At just 105mm (4 1/4”) deep and in a choice of luxury black, white or silver lacquers, its suitability for flat screen applications or where space is at a premium is beyond dispute.
The R250HD employs the R225HD’s driver configuration in a longer cabinet and extra port providing the enhanced bass performance that makes it a desirable space efficient hi-fi satellite for any room.
- Wall mounted system for use with LCD/Plasma displays.
- 2 x 4" MMP II. The Metal Matrix Polymer drivers have been completely re-worked and re-modelled with the aid of new design and simulation tools to achieve higher sensitivity and increased magnetic linearity. The new shaped T-section pole and focussed magnetic gap produces better linearity and lower distortion, resulting in fast punchy bass. All drivers are dedicated and model specific, with each model in the Radius HD series being designed and voiced individually.
- 1" Gold C-CAM tweeter providing extension to in excess of 35 KHz ensuring the wide frequency bandwidth of HD music and cinema formats can be replayed faithfully.
- D’Appolitto driver array provides good dispersion and fantastic mid-band clarity and presence.
- Magnetically shielded drivers allow Radius HD to be safely used near sensitive microprocessor equipment or plasma/LCD displays.
- High quality crossover uses high-grade metalised Polypropylene capacitors for increased clarity. High-grade air core and laminated iron core inductors give lowest possible distortion and low insertion losses.
- Specially developed high grade PCOFC internal cable is used throughout to ensure maximum signal transfer at all frequencies and low signal resistance.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Front-ported reflex design.
- Internal PTC auto-reset protection circuit to prevent over-driving.
- ARC front baffle (Anti-Resonance Composite). Originally developed for our high-end Platinum series, ARC is a cast thermo-set polymer loaded with minerals to provide very inert, optimally damped components. It is ideal for high-end acoustic applications where a high degree of structural rigidity and vibration damping is required.
- Flush fitting grille with rotate-able ‘m’ logo for positioning in Landscape or portrait orientation.
- A specially designed die-cast metal wall bracket is supplied, providing easy install and adjustment for wall positioning.
- Full length oval perforated grilles supplied in black and silver can be customised to suit individual décor and taste.
50 Hz - 35 KHz
Power Handling (RMS)
System Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
20 - 150 W
Drive Unit Complement
2 x 100mm (4") MMP®II cone mid-bass driver.
1 x 25mm (1") C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
External Dimensions (H x W x D)
760 x 125 x 105 mm
(29 15/16 x 4 15/16 x 4 1/8)
5.2 (11 1/2)