When used as a centre channel or main speaker, it s acoustic design of twin 4” MMP®II mid/bass drivers and 1” C-CAM® gold dome tweeter provides the signature accuracy of Monitor Audio’s reference speakers. Its impressive size-defying bass performance can be further extended with the addition of a Radius HD active subwoofer. Use it with the R360HD or R370HD subwoofer to create a compact, perfectly matched yet sonically exhilarating audio/video speaker system. Supplied with a low-profile bracket for horizontal or vertical flush-mounting on the wall, the R225-HD can be customised to complement its environment for the perfect balance of style and performance.
- Wall mounted system for use with LCD/Plasma displays.
- 2 x 4" MMP®II. The Metal Matrix Polymer drivers have been completely re-worked and re-modelled with the aid of new design and simulation tools to achieve higher sensitivity and increased magnetic linearity. The new shaped T-section pole and focussed magnetic gap produces better linearity and lower distortion, resulting in fast punchy bass. All drivers are dedicated and model specific, with each model in the Radius HD series being designed and voiced individually.
- 1" Gold C-CAM® tweeter providing extension to in excess of 35 KHz ensuring the wide frequency bandwidth of HD music and cinema formats can be replayed faithfully.
- D’Appolitto driver array provides good dispersion and fantastic mid-band clarity and presence.
- Magnetically shielded drivers allow Radius HD to be safely used near sensitive microprocessor equipment or plasma/LCD displays.
- High quality crossover uses high-grade metalised Polypropylene capacitors for increased clarity. High-grade air core and laminated iron core inductors give lowest possible distortion and low insertion losses.
- Specially developed high grade PCOFC internal cable is used throughout to ensure maximum signal transfer at all frequencies and low signal resistance.
- Single through-bolt driver fixing provides mechanical de-coupling and enhanced mid-band clarity and resolution. The through-bolts also act as rigid cross bracing to give a very solid non-resonant cabinet.
- Front-ported reflex design.
- Internal PTC auto-reset protection circuit to prevent over-driving.
- ARC® front baffle (Anti-Resonance Composite). Originally developed for our high-end Platinum series, ARC is a cast thermo-set polymer loaded with minerals to provide very inert, optimally damped components. It is ideal for high-end acoustic applications where a high degree of structural rigidity and vibration damping is required.
- Flush fitting grille with rotate-able ‘m’ logo for positioning in Landscape or portrait orientation.
- A specially designed die-cast metal wall bracket is supplied, providing easy install and adjustment for wall positioning.
- Full length oval perforated grilles supplied in black and silver can be customised to suit individual décor and taste.
Réponse en fréquence
55 Hz - 35 KHz
Tenue en puissance RMS
Gestion de l'alimentation du système (RMS)
20 - 150 W
Alignement des graves
Bass reflex - front ported
2 x 100mm (4") MMP®II cone mid-bass driver.
1 x 25mm (1") C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
Dimensions externes (H x L x P)
610 x 125 x 105 mm
(24 x 4 15/16 x 4 1/8)
4.8 (10 1/2)