The slim Monitor 200s are the smallest floorstander in the range and are designed to deliver a stunning sound in small to medium-sized rooms. They have all the precision of a two-way speaker, with the addition of an extra bass driver for scale and power.
Two 51/2" MMP II drivers combine to provide powerful, punchy bass lines. The mid-driver is crossed over to the black C-CAM tweeter higher up in frequency, resulting in perfect phase.
The Monitor 200s are equipped with outrigger feet that give a sleeker appearance, take up less floor space and improve the stability of the speaker. With the addition of Monitor 50, Monitor C150 and MRW-10 subwoofer, it makes up the Monitor 200AV surround sound speaker system for an immersive home cinema.
This product is now available to use with home theatre design software, The CEDIA Designer. Read more.
Monitor Key Features
- Classic Monitor Audio speaker design with a playful twist
- MMP II (Metal Matrix Polymer) driver cones
- High overall impedance (8 ohms) – easy to drive with lower power amplifiers
- Black C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium) dome tweeter – derived from Monitor Audio’s award-winning Bronze series
- Creative use of 51/2" and 61/2" drivers have delivered a compact bookshelf, floorstand model together with larger bookshelf and floorstander to complement larger rooms and higher power applications
- HiVe II (High Velocity, Low Noise Reflex Port) technology – for an improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother airflow
- Black, white or a walnut finish, with contrasting grey baffle
- Outrigger feet on floorstanding models deliver a sleeker appearance, takes up less floor space and improves stability
40 Hz – 30 kHz
Power Handling (RMS)
Recommended Amplifier Requirements
30 – 120 W
Dual chamber, rear ported bass reflex with HiVe II port technology
Drive Unit Complement
1 x 51/2" MMP II bass
1 x 51/2" MMP II bass mid-range
1 x 25 mm black C-CAM tweeter
LF: 650 Hz
MF/HF: 2.2 kHz
External Dimensions (Including Grille (H x W x D))
850 x 174 x 299.3 mm (337/16 x 67/8 x 1113/16")
External Dimensions (Including Grille and Feet (H x W x D))
873 x 215.4 x 309.8 mm (343/8 x 81/2 x 123/16")
10.82 kg (23 lb 12 oz)